[afnog] (Fwd) Help disk errors

Benjamin A. Eshun baeshun at aau.org
Fri Apr 20 14:12:18 UTC 2007

Just to add, it's a Redhat Enterprise 4 server and I "fsck -f " all the disks in single user mode
The machine works normally but the error message keeps coming.

Hello,

Just as I'm getting ready to leave for the Abuja one of my server
keeps repeating this error message.  Can anybody help in solving the
this problem.

 scsi0: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 01 69 c0 f8
 00 00 08 00
Apr 20 13:23:29 dean kernel: Info fld=0x169c0f8, Current sda: sense
key Medium Error Apr 20 13:23:29 dean kernel: Additional sense: Read
retries exhausted Apr 20 13:23:29 dean kernel: end_request: I/O error,
dev sda, sector 23707896

regards,

Benjamin