[afnog] IPfw + IPv6 in FreeBSD-6.0

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Fri Apr 6 13:37:00 UTC 2007

Joe Abley (jabley) writes:

> I hear (but don't know enough about ipfw to confirm) that ipfw has
> some unique features that make it a sensible choice in some
> circumstances. If you're not using any of those special features,
> though, you might try pf and see how you like it.

	I could wax long about both, since I use them on a daily basis
	at multiple sites, both in simple and redundant setups (with CARP
	and pfsync in the case of PF).

	Traffic shaping is much easier with dummynet/ipfw than with with
	altq and pf.  You can mix and match pf/ipfw of course.  Didn't try
	with IPv6.