[afnog] Server Log on error

AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
Thu Oct 12 09:48:34 UTC 2006

Thanks Antonio,will let u know how it goes.

                      "Antonio Godinho"
                      <antonio at uem.mz>         To:       AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
                                               cc:       afnog at afnog.org, afnog-bounces at afnog.org
                      12/10/2006 13:01         Subject:  Re: [afnog] Server Log on error
                       :7 Kb

Ah! Sorry, forgot what the problem actually was. Try to run
the "sfc /purgecache" and see what happens.

Cheers,

AG

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:05:22 +0300, AKiwumulo wrote
> [...]
> get the error message so i have to manually shut down the server
> from switch/cold boot so that i can logon.Basically the problem is
> me failing to logon and as such having to do a cold boot very other
> time.it's not good for the server.
>
> Allan
>
>                       "Antonio Godinho"
>
>                    <antonio at uem.mz>         To:
>  AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
>                                                          cc:
> afnog at afnog.org, afnog-bounces at afnog.org
>                                12/10/2006 09:09         Subject:
>  Re: [afnog] Server Log on error
>                                  :6 Kb
>
> If it is not part of a domain the netlogon service should not run.
> Can you not join it to a domain? or maybe install the active
> directory on it so that it can accept logons (dcpromo). What exactly
> do you need to do on it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> AG
>
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:13:03 +0300, AKiwumulo wrote
> > Hi Antonio,
> >
> > The server is a VPN and thus in a work group not a domain thats the
> reason
> > why the net logon service cannot run,i will try to run the sfc /Scannow
> > command and see how things go.Thanks.
> >
> >                       "Antonio Godinho"
> >
> >              <antonio at uem.mz>         To:
> >  AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
> >                           Sent by:                 cc:
> > afnog at afnog.org
> >                          afnog-bounces at afn        Subject:  Re:
> > [afnog] Server Log on error
> >                      og.org
> >
> >                       11/10/2006 17:42
> >
> >               :5 Kb
> >
> > It seems that after rebooting the netlogon service works for a while
> > and then stops. I need to know the error you get when trying to
> > start it and also what appears in the event viewer when it fails to
> > start. You may have to run an "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt
> > in order to check that you
> >
> > have the right system files and make sure you have the windows CD in
> > hand when you run that command.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > AG
> >
> > On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:50:42 +0300, AKiwumulo wrote
> > > Hi Antonio,
> > >
> > > The only service failing is LSASRV-The security package generated an
> > > exception,The package us now disabled.Thats the description of the
> > > error in event viewer. The netlogon service was stopped and it
> > > brought up an error message whenever i tried starting it.
> > >
> > > Allan
> > >
> > >                       "Antonio Godinho"
> > >
> > >                    <antonio at uem.mz>         To:
> > >  AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk, afnog at afnog.org
> > >                                                          cc:
> > >
> > >                              10/11/2006 03:45         Subject:  Re:
> > > [afnog] Server Log on error
> > >                            PM
> > >
> > >                          :3 Kb
> > >
> > > What does the event viewer say, any services that failed?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > AG
> > >
> > > On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:48:01 +0300, AKiwumulo wrote

The

--
Antonio Godinho
B.Sc., MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP