[afnog] Server Log on error

AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
Thu Oct 12 06:05:22 UTC 2006

Hi Antonio,

The server runs RRAS service, at times when the internet is down i need to
see whats happening, so when i try to unlock the server i get the error
message so i have to manually shut down the server from switch/cold boot so
that i can logon.Basically the problem is me failing to logon and as such
having to do a cold boot very other time.it's not good for the server.

Allan

                      "Antonio Godinho"
                      <antonio at uem.mz>         To:       AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk
                                               cc:       afnog at afnog.org, afnog-bounces at afnog.org
                      12/10/2006 09:09         Subject:  Re: [afnog] Server Log on error
                       :6 Kb

If it is not part of a domain the netlogon service should not run. Can you
not join it to a domain? or maybe install the active directory on it so
that
it can accept logons (dcpromo). What exactly do you need to do on it?

Cheers,

AG

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:13:03 +0300, AKiwumulo wrote