[afnog] FreeBSD failing with USB keyboard

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 11:38:21 UTC 2006

On 11/26/06, Phil Regnauld <regnauld at x0.dk> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 01:31:51PM +0300, Mike Barnard wrote:
> >
> > im trying to install FreeBSD 6 on a Dell OptiPlex 210L, it has no PS/2
> > ports, only USB ports, the keyboard works fine while booting and i
> manage to
> > get to the boot options list. which ever of default boot or boot with
> USB
> > keyboard support i choose, i get to a point an the keyboard does not
> > function.
>
>         Which point ?
> >
> > i tried FreeBSD 6.1 and i get the same thing. any one had to deal with
> this?
> > any way i can solve this (quickly).
>
>         Have you tried unplugging and replugging the keyboard after boot ?
>         What does the console say ?

Thanks Phil, i have tried that, changed to all the other 5 USB ports, i get
nothing. this is a new install. at times i manage to get to the boot options
with the keyboard working fine and it fails at sysinstall.

        Eventually try 6.2-PRERELEASE

time is not on my side to download 6.2, but ill start the download anyway.

Thanks
Mike