[afnog] is my sendmail an open-relay?

Peter Nyamukusa petern at africaonline.co.zw
Tue Nov 7 16:26:56 UTC 2006

Hi walu,

I have been using sendmail for a while now and below are the configs I have
been using to secure my sendmail

in /etc/mail/ create a file called relay-domains and put the ip block of you
lan in the format 192.168.1. to represent a 24 bit subnet mask on the
192.168.1.0/24 network also in the same location (/etc/mail/) there is a file
called access which you can tweak as in the example below

# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
yourdomain.com             RELAY
localhost                        RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY
blacklisteddomain.com   REJECT