[afnog] VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 2950

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Fri May 26 16:39:04 EAT 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 14:23, Geert Jan de Groot wrote:

> I don't know enough about "feature sets" and other crippleware
> to answer this. It's not likely that the 2950 only does ISL,
> perhaps it only does 802.1Q and therefore doesn't give you
> a choice.

GJ, you're quite right here - in all this talk about 2950 and
2924XL, I got mixed up :-).

Yes, the 2950 will only support .1q, and as such, will not give
you an option.

It's the 2912XL and 2924XL that give you an option. So as far as
you are concerned, your trunk port is a .1q trunk. You'll just
have to setup your router for the same.

Cheers,

Mark.