[afnog] VLANs on Cisco Catalyst 2950

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Fri May 26 12:39:11 EAT 2006

On Friday 26 May 2006 11:17, Patrick Okui wrote:

> That's what I'd have expected, but not even Cisco Phil could
> get this switch to behave otherwise - not that we tried that
> much once ping was working ;)

Did you have the VLAN database correctly populated with the VLANs
were you configuring?

That is the only scenario I can reproduce that would give you the
problem you describe.

> 2924XL running 12.0(5)WC14 which is as of Thu 16-Feb-06 14:39
> - which was the e0<=>backbone switch.

That should work fine. I've had success with this IOS (currently
working), including the previous one, 12.0(5)WC13, on both
2924XL and 2912XL.

WC15 is current...

Cheers,

Mark.