[afnog] mail problem

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:31:15 EAT 2006

On 5/24/06, Mikisa Richard <rmikisa at bushnet.net> wrote:

> This thread has been dead for awhile now but it never was really solved.

well, it did not exactly die, the client got frustrated, (probably not more
than i did) and opted to leave and join another ISP.  but with all the
updates on routes that have been done on my network and hoping that it gets
solved, we have been keeping an eye on it.

Turns out the folks at fastweb (Italy) NAT there adsl clients but
> instead of using the rfc1918 space like most people, they use unassigned
> global /8s. Well 41/8 is one of there NATted allocations for Turin. No
> amount of emails will get them to respond, calling isn't any better as I
> get only Italian speaking people at the other end. Any ideas out there?

well, all in all, i guess then it would never have worked, even with a magic
wound and a little fairy god-mother.

thanks Richard

Regards,

Mike Kwatampora