[afnog] uninstalling majordomo

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed May 10 14:45:57 EAT 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:30:18AM -0700,
 Baththama bello <baththama at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 33 lines which said:

> I have mandrake linux 9.2 and majordomo-1.94.5 downloaded and
> configured but its unfortunate I dont need it any more and have to
> remove it when I try deleting it through the GUI it says access
> denied /home/mywara/majordomo-1.94.5/changelog and when I try
> removing it through the konsole using the rm command it says cannot
> lstat 'majordomo-1.94.5' no such file or directory .

Mandrake uses the RPM format, no? If so, why not 'rpm --query --all |
grep -i majordomo' to find the exact name of the package then 'rpm
--erase $PACKAGE'?

[Isn't it an OPERATOR mailing list? It sometimes gets dangerously (?)
close to a Linux newbie mailing list.]