[afnog] virtual hosting on apache 2 problem

Yahaya Wara mywarra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 22:15:42 EAT 2006

 Hi all.
I installed apache 2.0.52  on my mandrake linux 9.2
box.
I configured apache first for my default
server(www.udusok.edu.ng) and was able to open the
default apache welcome page by accessing the server
using IP address and host name .

The problem occurred when I added a serc.org.ng to
virtual hosting section.
Now I have only one domain to host, but I am going to
host more so I created a web directory in /var/www/
directory.
in http.conf file I added the virtual host settings
like below

NameVirtualHost     ip of my server

<VirtaulHost ipaddress>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at udusok.edu.ng
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName www.udusok.edu.ng
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</VirtualHost>

<VirtaulHost ipaddress>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at serc.org.ng
    DocumentRoot /var/www/serc
    ServerName www.serc.org.ng
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</VirtualHost>

I have tried to access a file in serc's web directory
by www.serc.org.ng/index.htm But still got the
permission error (Forbidden:You don't have permission
to access / on this server.
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.47 (Mandrake
Linux/6mdk) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.1
mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7b PHP/4.3.2 Server at
www.serc.org.ng Port 80)
I have set all directory and file permissions in the
serc's directory 777 in order to test it. But no hope.
Please help me out with this problem..

 Thanks advance.