[afnog] PPP dial config on cisco router 1721

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Fri Mar 3 16:52:58 EAT 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 13:27, Moussa BAGAYOKO wrote:

> I've some PCs with 56K modem that must connect on
> demand to office network by telco cloud.
> For that I'm
> seeking how to configure my cisco 1721 that has a
> controller E1 (VWIC 1MFT-E1) card to accept those
> connection.

Hmmh, I haven't used this VWIC in the field before, but
from what I know about it (and I stand to be corrected),
it cannot support channelized 64Kbps (or 56Kbps for the
T1).

When operated in 'data mode' (the WIC part), it will only
provide clear-channel data bandwidth.

I'm not quite sure you can use the VWIC as a dial-in NAS,
besides I'd think you'd need modem DSP's for that.

Again, I could be wrong...

Mark.