[afnog] PPP dial config on cisco router 1721

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Fri Mar 3 13:30:58 EAT 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 11:13, Moussa BAGAYOKO wrote:
> Hello every body,

Hi.

> I’ve got cisco router 1721 with E1.

Not sure I understand - you mean like a serial leased
line?

> I’m seeking documentation to tell how to configure this
> router to accept PPP (dial in) connection trough ISDN
> even with less authentification. I want to make this on
> router.

First you need an ISDN-BRI interface - something like the
WIC-1B-S/T-V3 (Cisco 1-port ISDN BRI S/T WAN Interface
Card). You may also need an external NT-1 for
connectivity to the local telco's ISDN switch.

You don't mention whether you'll be dialing from a router
or PC, so I'll direct you to:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

There's lots of scenarios there that will be of interest.

Cheers,

Mark.