[afnog] Ip Planning and Management

leo vegoda leo at ripe.net
Tue Jun 20 12:48:35 EAT 2006

byaruhj at mtn.co.ug wrote:

> What is the best Ip Planning or Management tool out there? I tried out
> IP Plan but it didn’t quench my thirst. What does every one out there
> use, Preferably not Excel J

I suspect that 'best' depends on your particular needs. There are a
bunch to try, though. I think these are all free:

IPplan - http://iptrack.sourceforge.net/
FreeIPDb - http://www.freeipdb.org/
NorthStar - http://www.brownkid.net/NorthStar/
RoboBijal -
ftp://ftp.demon.net/pub/unix/tools/robo-bijal-1.0-b-stable.tar.gz

There are also a bunch of commercial applications that you can buy
licenses for. The one name I remember is QIP, but I suspect there are
others.

leo vegoda
Registration Services Manager
RIPE NCC