[afnog] arts++ & gcc3

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Mon Jun 12 14:26:59 EAT 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 13:53, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Trying to build arts++ on FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE/Sparc-64, but it
> appears 'net-mgmt/arts++' prefers to compile with gcc2(.95)
> than gcc3(.4.4).
>
> I have gcc3 installed.
>
> Wondering if anyone else has come across this - my options
> appear to be; downgrade to gcc2.95 (hmmh) or go with
> 'net-mgmt/flow-tools'.

Assuming the gcc3 you have installed is the system one (not a
port) then building arts++ should pull in gcc2.9 as a dependency
(also via ports) and build using that[1]. Of course that means
you'll end up with two versions of gcc.. but well..

Also, be warned that gcc2.9 doesn't play nice with some of the
newer compiler flags you may have in your make.conf so if the
build fails I'd comment out any funky flags.

--
patrick

[1] The autoconf script if I remember correctly looks for the
gcc295 binary and not simply gcc so it should do the right
thing.