[afnog] Peering for Route Analysis

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Jun 6 16:31:46 EAT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:05:27AM -0400, Todd Underwood wrote:
> but to be very explicit again:  we do offer commercial services based
> on these data.  anyone who does not want to participate because of
> that most certainly should not.

Thank you for your direct and honest answers.

The proposition seems reasonable to me: set up a BGP feed, get access to a
service. If you don't find the service useful, then just turn off the BGP
feed and neither party is any worse off. (That's assuming there's no
contract involved)

You should note that we have seen some decidedly dodgier arrangements
proposed on this list in the past :-)