[afnog] connection to www.cnn.com

Mikisa Richard rmikisa at bushnet.net
Mon Jun 5 20:17:55 EAT 2006

>Mikisa, ATDN is the AOL Transit Data Network. CNN is an AOL/TimeWarner
>company, and uses the network. They drop routes at the last hop before
>it crosses directly to the CNN data center in Atlanta. Your connections
>are fine to the CNN hub, although you should be picking up in Frankfurt.
>When you view the page directly in your browser what issues are you
>having with it load? Does it time out? Does it say "Load buffer
>exceeded"? What AS are you using to reach AS5662? Can you do a tcptrace
>to 64.236.24.12 port 80? Any other issues on other ATDN hosted sites
>beyond CNN? Try foxnews.com and see if you get a better result, and then
>try reuters.com.

- Josh

Josh,

Originally I thought that my traffic was being dropped by ATDN but when
I tried different sites on the ATDN network, I had no problems, I tried
www.aol.com, www.netscape.com and I can get to foxnews.com and
reuters.com too. Seems the problem is only with www.cnn.com.

When I try to view the page in the browser,  it just fails at the
'waiting for www.cnn.com' stage after connecting. I am connecting from
AS29032.

PS. Randy sorry about the html, :(

Richard