[afnog] SMTP server rejecting domain

David Chima dchima at malswitch.com
Fri Jun 2 18:24:07 EAT 2006

Mangaliso

The SOA for the domain cedrisa.org is nyala.sdnp.org.mw. This server is not found among the nameservers for the domain
on the .org nameservers namely:

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD2.ULTRADNS.NET.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD3.ULTRADNS.org.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD4.ULTRADNS.org.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD5.ULTRADNS.INFO.
org.                    172800  IN      NS      TLD6.ULTRADNS.CO.UK.

each one of them points to :

;; ANSWER SECTION:
cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      domwe.leland-mw.org.
cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      chambo.sdnp.org.mw.

as the NS for the domain

The simplest thing for you to do is to move the SOA for cedrisa.org from nyala to chambo. I know chambo is a good
server, and there declare all your MX. Make nyala and domwe the slaves for this domain.

You will see the life of this domain and all of your mail will be OK.

The difficult thing if anything is to ask the Administrator for .org to add this other nameserver (NYALA)

I hope this helps

Regards

David

On 2 Jun 2006 at 15:44, Brian Candler wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 04:11:40PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > > But why is it that none of the replies found nyala.sdnp.org.mw (
> > > which is the main NS)?
> >
> > Because it is not true. Ask any authoritative name server of ".org",
> > it will tell you that there are only two name servers for cedrisa.org
> > (both broken):
> >
> >  % dig @TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET. NS cedrisa.org
> >
> > ; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> @TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET. NS cedrisa.org
> > ;; global options:  printcmd
> > ;; Got answer:
> > ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 62172
> > ;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0
> >
> > ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> > ;cedrisa.org.                   IN      NS
> >
> > ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> > cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      domwe.leland-mw.org.
> > cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      chambo.sdnp.org.mw.
>
> And another way is to ask the registry:
>
> $ whois cedrisa.org
> Name Server:DOMWE.LELAND-MW.ORG
> Name Server:CHAMBO.SDNP.ORG.MW
>
> That's where you need to correct the data. Once done, they will correct the
> .org zonefile for you.

Malswitch
Old Reserve Bank Building,
Victoria Venue,