[afnog] SMTP server rejecting domain

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Jun 2 17:11:40 EAT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 04:05:52PM +0200,
 Mangaliso Jere <mangaliso at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 35 lines which said:

> But why is it that none of the replies found nyala.sdnp.org.mw (
> which is the main NS)?

Because it is not true. Ask any authoritative name server of ".org",
it will tell you that there are only two name servers for cedrisa.org
(both broken):

 % dig @TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET. NS cedrisa.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> @TLD1.ULTRADNS.NET. NS cedrisa.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cedrisa.org.                   IN      NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      domwe.leland-mw.org.
cedrisa.org.            86400   IN      NS      chambo.sdnp.org.mw.

> Because the latter has been running on that status for sometime now.

In the nameserver itself, yes, I just checked, but, for other people
to find it, it needs to be in the ".org" database as well.