[afnog] Help on Access list Evaluation

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Mon Jul 17 12:19:26 EAT 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 11:02, Mangaliso Jere wrote:
> Can you give me the link to download netflow and can it run on
> an XP?

I haven't looked at Windows implementations of Netflow, although
I've researched a few commercial ones e.g., ManageEngine's
Netflow Analyzer:

http://www.manageengine.co.uk/products/netflow/index.shtml

I normally work with free Netflow implementations. My Netflow
deployment involves:

* FreeBSD-6.0/Sparc-64

* Collector - Flow-Tools with Cflow patch
* Processor - FlowScan with FlowScan.pm patch
* Reporter  - JKFlow

Apart from JKFlow and the FlowScan.pm patch, the rest of the
packages are available in the FreeBSD ports, which makes for a
fairly straight-forward installation.

You may explore other Netflow analysers from here:

http://www.networkuptime.com/tools/netflow/

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/nmp/netflow/partners/freeware/index.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/nmp/netflow/partners/commercial/index.shtml

PS: Please post responses to the list too :-).

Cheers,

Mark.