[afnog] exim cannot chdir to Maildir when with userdb

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Jul 17 10:27:16 EAT 2006

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 01:25:51PM +0100, Fisayo Adeleke wrote:
> I got it sorted out by allowing permissions to the group for the folder.

OK, but I think you should try to work out why it got created as owned by
'root' in the first place. If exim created this folder automatically, it
should have been owned by 'exim' and mode 700.

You might want to ensure everything in this directory tree is owned by exim.
For example, if the directory 'domain.com' is owned by exim, then exim can
create domain.com/user2/Maildir the first time that mail arrives for user2.

However, if you don't like the idea of exim creating directories in this
way, and want to do it all by hand, then leaving everything as owned by root
is fine too.