[afnog] Ethernet Interface still UP even Cable is not plug intoit

Ezra Banoba elisha.winters at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:13:52 EAT 2006

On 7/11/06, Herbert Maosa <h_maosa at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I have seen this happen only when  keepalives are disabled on the
> interface.

And on a faulty interface as well...

Bruno, if you are sure you do not have a 'no keepalives' statement in your
interface configuration and the interface still stays "up up" when cable is
detached, AND the ethernet cable to the attached device is 'good' i.e tested
and you still cant get traffic across the interface to that device [well
configured], then I'm not sure that interface is any good.....

Herbert.

> Bruno Agbessitse wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ezra,
> >

> > Only the default keepalives
> >
> > No configuration of keepalives is done on this interface.
> >

> > Thank you

bad measures.
-- Daniel Webster

Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be yours
too."
-- Dave Haynie