[afnog] Domain join error

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Jul 1 11:14:02 EAT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:52:19AM +0300, AKiwumulo at oxfam.org.uk wrote:
> (See attached file: domain join error.doc)

Yep, we got it the first time. That's two 1.1MB attachments you've now
posted to a mailing list which have been forwarded to people all over the
world, including many whose Internet links are expensive and/or who are on
the end of slow connections.

What would be better in future is to upload your file to a website, and then
post just the URL. Then individuals can choose whether to download it or
not.

Normally I'd also advise avoiding proprietary Microsoft formats like .doc,
preferring say .png or .jpg for an image like that. However since your
question was about Microsoft, it's probably reasonable to expect that anyone
who is interested in answering it will be able to read Microsoft files :-)

List admin: perhaps a posting size limit of 50K or 100K should be set on the
afnog list?