[afnog] Losing wireless link between two APs

Mangaliso Jere mangaliso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:40:26 EAT 2006

Guys

I have a problem on my wireless network. Its giving me an unreliable
to link to my customers.
A brief background is that we have connected two Full cisco 350 series bridges

1. Acts as root bridge

2. the other is a non-root w/clients

The distance between the is less than 4km and the light of sight is
very clear and the antennas used are 12dbi which from its specs it
should work.

Rebooting solves the problem for a small period.

The problem

1. I lose the link within a short period.
2. The log error i get is as below

01:19:20 (Warning): Station [Kang'ombe AP]000d2962732a Associated with
Encryption, then attempted to send an Unencrypted packet to [Kamuzu
Central A.P]004096538097 (length 112)
01:19:20 (Warning): Station [Kang'ombe AP]000d2962732a Associated with
Encryption, then attempted to send an Unencrypted packet to [Kamuzu
Central A.P]004096538097 (length 112)

3. Client gets an unreliable connection

Any more info required to solve this problem will be readily be
provided. Any assitance will be greatly appreciated.
--
Mangaliso Jere
P/O Box 1120

Failure is an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.