[afnog] New IPv6 Address Block Allocated to the RIPE NCC

Adeil A. Akplogan adiel.akplogan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:19:38 EAT 2006

> But I take the point given by the RIR people on this list that they
> have realised the shortcomings of this policy and are in the process
> of reviewing it.

There are some ongoing discussions for changing the HD ratio for subsequent
allocation to LIR.

A presentation on it has been made in Cairo during the AfriNIC-3 meeting

http://www.afrinic.net/meeting/afrinic-3/presentations/afrinic3-14-12-2005/a
frinic-ipv6-HD-ratio-PaulW.pdf

And policy-wg at afrinic.net is a good arena to address/discuss the issue in
our region.