[afnog] mergemaster mess

Julius E. Kidubuka juki at one2net.co.ug
Wed Feb 15 18:05:22 EAT 2006

Hello Mike,

First of all, you didn't mention exactly what you are doing and
which version of BSD your are using.

Seconly am not really certain about your error but I remember
(abt a year or so ago) trying to upgrade from FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE
to 4.11-STABLE and I too had a not so similar problem but all
the same used similar method.

>From the info you've provided, it seems like you are trying to do an
upgrade. If so, you could try to do the following (in specific order);

cd /usr/share/examples/cvsup
cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make installworld

cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
config -r MYKERN
cd /usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERN
make depend
make
make install

cp -r /etc  /etc.backup    /* Just to make a backup of your /etc dir */

mergemaster -p

reboot

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Julius.

--
"What is important is not what happens to us, but how we respond to what
happens to us."