[afnog] postfix problem

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Feb 13 12:46:11 EAT 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:17:57AM +0300, orimbo at arcc.or.ke wrote:
> > I beg to disagree: public IPs allow a lot of testing (ping, whois,
> > BGP) which may help to analyze problems. And hiding the IPs buys
> > nothing.
>
> depends on how secure one has done to network. "some people" might not use punlic IPs for the intended "testing".

Look at your firewall logs and you'll find your network being probed at
least every few minutes. The people who do this don't get IP addresses from
mailing lists; they just scan the whole world.

In any case, it seems you're happy to publish the IP addresses for the MX
receivers for the domain arcc.or.ke in the DNS. They are 195.202.76.171 and
195.202.76.170