[afnog] Read/Write Comparison

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Aug 24 10:57:55 SAST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 10:33:27AM +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:
>     ReiserFS seems reliable, but behaves VERY
>     strangely on hardware failure.

Beware: we were bitten *very* badly by ReiserFS recently at my current
employer. Basically, once it's corrupt, you lose everything. There is no
reliable "fsck"-like tool for ReiserFS, and I understand the author freely
admits this, because he never put any effort into developing one.

We lost a huge filesystem, admittedly one filesystem which contained several
different applications and backups, which might have been better split into
separate partitions with separate filesystems. But we won't be using
ReiserFS for anything mission-critical again.