[afnog] Here's an invitation

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Tue Aug 22 22:21:39 SAST 2006

Brian Candler wrote:

>> A quick glance at the headers doesn't show an obvious way to
>> avoid such incidences unless I'm missing something.
>
> Difficult to avoid before it happens. You could have an acceptable usage
> policy for the afnog at afnog.org list though, and block people who abuse it in
> this way.

I saw this post yesterday and it made me realize that, perhaps, we
should have an acceptable use policy for the list. A formal list
description and usage policy statement can go here:

in the "About afnog" section. In addition, the same information can
be added to the welcome message that new members receive. If this
was done, then a post to the list could be done with the policy and
that includes the link above.

For now I've placed anyfrancis at yahoo.com on the moderated member
list just in case further spam originates from this account.

Cheers,
	- Hervey