[afnog] Bind Resolved

Wonder Chikohomero wonder.chikohomero at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 17:14:03 EAT 2006

Hi All

I have successifuly resolved the bind problems, I can now resolve without
any problem. I would like to thank you for the help and tips, and
correction. The contributions from the community made it possible for me to
build my bind.

I will now take a step further and get our registered name on to this
server. I hope it will be a matter of chane one or two texts.

as of now; I can ping IP or Name with reply; dig -x IP dig name, with
answers
                 I can http://name (windows based internal web-servers, but
http://linuxsystemname no success

Now next step for me is to set up; DHCP, MAIL, Squid already running),
Firewall, Ftp, LDAP, Web

;;;

dhcp, squid, dns one box (Intel Server 2.2Ghz, 2*80GB IDE of SATA, 512MB RAM
>upgraded to 1GB
LDAP, Web, Mail, Ftp one box (Intel ***)
Firewall one box dedicated (AMD 1.2Ghz, 512MB)

(the above services to be installed I will also be talking too much, asking
a lot on this community.)

Is there any problem on what start to be installed??? Also thank you for the
open downloads on ws.afnog, they did helped a lot.

Regards,

Wonder