[afnog] FreeBSD mirroring

Antonio Godinho antonio at uem.mz
Thu Apr 27 18:32:49 EAT 2006

Hi All,

I would like to mirror an already operational FreeBSD server running FreeBSD
6.0. I have read the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/geom-mirror.html

but I am not quite sure of what I will do specially when I have more than
the two partitions they reccommend. I have /, swap, /usr and /var.

Has anyone done this before? I don't want to ruin the already operational
installation and would like to have some additional pointers.

The system is running on a HP server which now has two hotswap scsi disks
and the FreeBSD 6.0 is running in one of them (id 0).

I don't want to find that after going through these steps the system will
fail to boot.

Thanks.

Antonio Godinho
B.Sc.