[afnog] ssh Problem

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Sat Apr 22 10:47:06 EAT 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 09:19:41AM +0200, Thato Molise wrote:
> I have read man_access, I searched similar problems from the net, I tried
> suggested solutions but I still cant access the host;  Im still working
> with it, I will soon declare the progress.

Check log files on the server side to see if anything is reported.

Another problem is if you have mismatched reverse and forwards DNS on the
*client's* IP address. Check that

  dig -x n.n.n.n

gives a PTR record with the correct hostname; then, taking the hostname,
check that

  dig the.host.name a

gives an A record pointing back to IP address n.n.n.n