[afnog] Resolver issues - Resolved.

Michuki Mwangi michuki at swiftkenya.com
Mon Apr 10 20:27:16 EAT 2006

Brian Candler wrote:

> What version of BSD is the client running?
> may also be relevant.

This helps as the now i dont get any bad udp chksums.

However the proble still persisted and i had to look through the
firewall rules and shame on me that i had actually removed the
'keep-state' on the outbound DNS rules a couple of weeks ago (and i
couldnt remember). It just happened that we had a server restart this
weekend and thats where all the trouble started.

Comparing the files with an older file just lead me to this. What a day! :(

# Allow DNS queries out in the world
         ${fwcmd} add pass udp from ${ip} to any 53 keep-state

I also cant recall as to the reason why i removed it in the first place.

All is well now! Thx for all your support.