[afnog] Collection Engine

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Fri Sep 30 23:26:54 EAT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 03:35:40PM +0200, Alain Ilunga wrote:
> I think, you're right. The collection engine is not
> reliable. All mails doesn't reach the final recepient.
> Clients are obliged to read some mail directely on the
> main server. Now, I can understand why.

OK. Probably the solution you would prefer to have is ATRN. It's on my list
of things to investigate, and perhaps write a daemon for courier (it would
be quite similar to the POP3 daemon internally)

Otherwise, if you have control of both ends, uucp over tcp/ip is still
reliable. The problem is that users won't have any access to the mail while
it's sitting on the central server (e.g. webmail), which most people have
come to expect now.