[afnog] Position available

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Wed Sep 28 12:30:38 EAT 2005

Hi,

On 28 Sep 2005, at 10:05 AM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> Folks, may I suggest that you create a jobs list instead?
> It is generally distracting to have even one line posts for jobs on
> the operators list.

This is the African network operators list.

> You could always consider afnog-jobs as a service to your
> participants and region.

I don't agree. I think that its fair enough to use this list to
advertise jobs for African Network Operators and is useful.

> Hope this helps and if I am out of synch, please advise.

I must admit that I have to go to the police station to report some
persistent local spam and I am vehimently against spam. Everyone is
entitled to their opinion, this is just my personal 5c..

On 27 Sep 2005, at 5:18 PM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> Please take a look here:
> http://spam.abuse.net/overview/

<snip>
What is spam?
Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message,
in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise
choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for
dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services.
Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are
paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.
</snip>

I cannot see that Gary's post is any of the above?

regards,

aLan