[afnog] MySQL installation woes (was: no subject)

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Mon Sep 26 10:45:49 EAT 2005

Firstly, please do not cross post to mailing lists. - I've removed exim-users
from the CC since installing mysql may not be relevant there.

Secondly, most people will ignore messages on a list without a subject line -
try to pick a _*short*_ one which summarises what you are trying to
communicate.

On Monday 26 September 2005 00:39, Ronnie Tash wrote:
> when installing mysql when i run this command $chown -R mysql:mysql
> /var/db/mysql it tell me
> chown: /var/db/msql: No Such file or directory
> any body out there pliz help.
> thankx

That error message means you do not have that directory (do ls /var/db to see
if mysql is listed).

Other than that, I don't remember having to do that when I install mysql. What
operating system is this? How are you installing (source? rpm? pkg? ports?).
--
patrick