[afnog] DHCP configuration on cisco router 2600 series

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Tue Sep 13 12:19:39 EAT 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 11:16, Paul wrote:
> Mark,

Hi Paul.

> Thanks for your response. from your info, can the
> 12.0(5)T1 IOS IP PLUS IPSEC 56 feature set which can
> run with 32M DRAM and 8M flash, does it support DHCP
> SERVER...

As I mentioned before, it does.

> and, if it does pls kindly send me the file...

I'm afraid that may not be possible. There are legal
issues involved. Suggest you ask your local Cisco vendor
in case you do not have CCO access.

> and
> the process of the upgrade.

Upgrade is recommended via the network (it's faster that
way). Simply setup a TFTP server, and from the Cisco
box, do:

copy tftp flash

It will most likely ask you to erase your existing IOS as
there won't be enough room for both. You will then have
to reload your router and you should be set!

Cheers,

Mark.