[afnog] pop3 errors on fedora core 3

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at zcp.bf
Mon Sep 12 18:32:21 EAT 2005

Dr Paulos Nyirenda a écrit :

>We are seeing an annoying error on pop3 after we recently moved our pop3 server to
>Fedora core 3. It appears in /var/log/maillog as:
>
>pop3(username): Error indexing mbox file /var/spool/mail/username: LF not found
>where expected
>
>Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? It was not there in RH9.

You can try this solution:

$ formail -ds < username >> new_username
$ mv username old_username
$ mv new_username username

(chown or chmod username to make sure the new file attributes is OK)

a link from google on "LF not found where expected"  error  :
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-March/msg06482.html

hope this help

regards
--