[afnog] DHCP configuration on cisco router 2600 series

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Fri Sep 9 16:45:53 EAT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 15:21, Antonio Godinho wrote:

> > There's also a BGP command (which I can't remember)
> > without which your router will split your route
> > announcements into separate classful /24's
>
>  Correction:
>
> It's "no auto-summary"

Hmmh, really?

My understanding of 'no auto-summary' is that using it
(it's enabled by default on IOS) provides route
summarization, advertising a (single) route that
represents multiple routes - in short, route
aggregation.

This would describe the exact opposite of what the
command Brian C. mentions is meant to do.

As I know, for instance, when summarization is left
enabled in BGP, routes redistributed from an IGP into
BGP (bad idea) will have only their classful portions
accepted.

Mark.