[afnog] Any Opensource Web development Package

Hosea hoseak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:36:40 EAT 2005

On 08/09/05, Phil Regnauld <regnauld at x0.dk> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:05:43AM +0200, Mangaliso Jere wrote:
> > Good people
> >
> > As my migration to opensource gathers serious momentum. I was
> > wondering if any one knows a opensource web development software which
> > can run on RH9/ FC 1-3.
>
> It depends what you are looking for:
>
> - vi/emacs for the hardcode among us (to combine with PHP and Perl)
>
> - visual editor / Nvu - www.nvu.com <http://www.nvu.com> -- like
> frontpage, very easy to use,
> good if you want to make a few static pages -- available for UNIX,
> Windows,

I remember having downloaded nvu-1.0-pc-fedora3-kde.tar.bz2. After unpacking
it i got nvu-1.0 folder which had the whole lot of files but without files
like readme, make etc. I was stuck from there.

Any help as to how I can store it. I am still keeping extracted files.

Hosea.

Hosea Kadakwa Phiri
Po Box 30232
Chichiri, Blantyre3