[afnog] Any Opensource Web development Package

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Thu Sep 8 12:17:33 EAT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:05:43AM +0200, Mangaliso Jere wrote:
> Good people
>
> As my migration to opensource gathers serious momentum. I was
> wondering if any one knows a opensource web development software which
> can run on RH9/ FC 1-3.

	It depends what you are looking for:

	- vi/emacs for the hardcode among us (to combine with PHP and Perl)

	- visual editor / Nvu - www.nvu.com -- like frontpage, very easy to use,
	good if you want to make a few static pages -- available for UNIX, Windows,
	and OS X.

	- lots of CMS systemts (Content Management Systems) out there, some of
	them with web interfaces for managing the content itself, like
	Mambo/Joomla, Typo3, OpenCMS, PHPWebsite, ...

	- templating systems like SMARTY, Template::Toolkit, Mason, ...

	- etc...