[afnog] fetchmail: Authorization failure on

Alain Ilunga alilunga at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 27 18:17:43 EAT 2005

I installed fetchmail on my freebsd box, I can fetch
mail on courier-imap server (even if, I'm not able yet
to deliver it in my Maildir) but my login fail on the
server below (username and password is correct). Is
somebody can explain me why.

$ fetchmail -v
fetchmail: 6.2.5 querying mail.sanru.org (protocol
POP3) at Thu Oct 27 15:54:58 2005: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 prague [cppop 20.0] at
[65.98.42.130]
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< XSENDER
fetchmail: POP3< IMPLEMENTATION cppop
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> USER alilunga
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Need a password
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Username/Password Mismatch
fetchmail: Username/Password Mismatch
fetchmail: Authorization failure on alilunga at sanru.org
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
^Cfetchmail: terminated with signal 2