[afnog] Collection Engine

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Oct 24 16:08:21 EAT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 02:02:06PM +0200, David Peall wrote:
> Have a look at this:
> http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/

Yep, I saw that implementation. As you have experience with odmr, would you
be interested in testing mine?

I decided to retrieve messages from a Maildir because clients can freely
switch between omdr, pop3, imap and webmail, without needing any config
changes on the server side.

It also has the advantage (for me) that it shares the same courier
authentication daemon that I use for imap and pop3, which supports a variety
of authentication sources (e.g. userdb file, LDAP, mysql, pgsql). The above
odmrd is hardwired to mysql.