[afnog] Collection Engine

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Oct 24 14:20:32 EAT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:47:54AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Many thanks for this, Brian. I'll volunteer to test it and
> get you feedback ASAP.

Thanks Mark. Apparently MDaemon supports ODMR, and I also came across this
free client for Windows: http://xatrn.panozzo.it/
It seems this utility makes the ODMR connection, logs in, then forwards the
session to whatever mailserver you have listening on localhost port 25.

It's worth testing with Exchange natively though. Judging by the above page,
I may need to accept 'TURN' as well as 'ATRN' (easy). I might also have to
make courier-authlib support NTLM authentication (harder).

If Exchange doesn't like the 'PLAIN' authencation mechanism then try
enabling 'LOGIN' and 'CRAM-MD5' mechanisms on the server side.