[afnog] how to block spam activity on my router cisco 2600

David Chima david at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Oct 18 16:16:05 EAT 2005

Paul
What I gather from you is that you use webmail from elsewhere other than from a server
in your network.
If you really dont have a mail server, then it is simple. just block all smtp through
your router. You can do this on your ethernet Interface

ip access-group 120 in

access-list 120 deny tcp any any eq smtp
access-list 120 permit ip any any

Or on your serial Interface You can put this line

ip access-group 120 out

The access-list 120 will apply to either of the interface you can choose

Regards

David

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 04:56:22 -0700 (PDT), Paul wrote