[afnog] Collection Engine - Exim module for Webmin

Alain Ilunga alilunga at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 1 11:32:48 EAT 2005

Thanks Brian,

Reading your previous mail, I understand some existing
problem in my windows-mdaemon mail system (mails not
delivered). Only fetchmail, exim, courier-imap and
sqwebmail will be very useful for me.
The Mdaemon and mailing collection on one account was
not my choice. I cannot understand this choice, I
cannot understand how collecting mails like this will
save bandwidth.

To help future administration for previous windows
administrators, I need to install webmin software. Is
it possible to add exim module for exim?

--- Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 03:35:40PM +0200, Alain
> Ilunga wrote:
> > I think, you're right. The collection engine is
> not
> > reliable. All mails doesn't reach the final
> recepient.
> > Clients are obliged to read some mail directely on
> the
> > main server. Now, I can understand why.
>
> OK. Probably the solution you would prefer to have
> is ATRN. It's on my list
> of things to investigate, and perhaps write a daemon
> for courier (it would
> be quite similar to the POP3 daemon internally)
>
> Otherwise, if you have control of both ends, uucp
> over tcp/ip is still
> reliable. The problem is that users won't have any
> access to the mail while
> it's sitting on the central server (e.g. webmail),
> which most people have
> come to expect now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.