[afnog] Good backup software

Phil Regnauld regnauld at x0.dk
Tue Nov 29 00:28:13 EAT 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:20:25AM -1000, Randy Bush wrote:

> yes, ignore them.  with disk so cheap, and much more reliable,
> i use a sata raid array (thanks joel).

	Same here -- I use a large RAID5 and 5 pairs of RAID1.

	RAID5 for short term storage, and I just rip out 1 disk from each
	pair of RAID1's and take them off site, stick a new one in (rebuild).

	You define N storage pools with Bacula (one on raid5, on each of
	the raid1's) or you just move the files from one array to the other.