[afnog] BGP Help

John Gitau JGitau at Safaricom.co.ke
Mon Nov 28 09:16:21 EAT 2005

Emmanuel,

> Please find attached the gateway router configuration and the
> results of the following commands:

Just remove the "soft-reconfiguration inbound", I am fairly confident
that should sort out your problem, and you probably don't need it. Even
if you have the proper filters in place, you might still experience
issues with your memory. If you trully need that command on your
configuration - which I highly doubt, then I suggest getting more memory
for your router.

You only need the command if your neighbor does not support route
refreshing {RFC 2918-- I think:-)}, it is used to allow alterations of
the bgp policy without resetting the bgp session. This unfortunately for
you reserves additional memory in the router to store the BGP table
exactly as it was received from the peer, prior to any inbound policy
being applied.

One more thing, unless this is a router that you want me/us to
occassionally log on to to trace back to our networks, play around with
when I am bored etc etc:-) please change the passwords for noc,foji,test
and telnet. Then change your community string....

| +-----+ Highly Enhanced    |
| |-O-O-| Portrait of:       |
| |  &  | John Gitau,        |
| | --- | Network Analyst    |