[afnog] Proxy server crushes

Mohamadi ZONGO mzongo at zcp.bf
Fri Nov 18 12:30:41 EAT 2005

EmmanuelKwarteng a écrit :

>Hello mzongo,
>
>Please find my reactions inline.
>

>>Is this installation running nice before or it is a new installed server?
>>

>It is a new server.
>

>>If u can not access it via ssh, the issue i will be looking for is a
>>probable memory exhaustion.
>>

>The memory is 2G.

great! but if some process start to misuse your memory, they wont stop
until they reach the 2G limit ;-)

>>Your are running X on your proxy server ! Isn't this very
>>ressource-intensive, causing a bad performance?
>>

>Yes I am running X on my proxy server

my advice  : never run X  on server connected to Internet!

I sugest you upgrade to the latest 2.5-STABLE12, coz (but i am not sure,
laziness!) 2.5-STABLE9 could be vulnerable to other DoS like 2.5-STABLE8.

regards,

--
mzongo