[afnog] Proxy server crushes

EmmanuelKwarteng kwarteng at ghanatel.com.gh
Thu Nov 17 20:06:52 EAT 2005

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the input.
Please find the answers inline.

> > I have a squid server installed with about 80 test
> > customers on it. The squid server crushes after every 3
> > to 4 days. Whenever it crushes, I am not able to access
> > it via ssh and needs to restart it onsite manually for
> > it to come up.
>
> This is all rather vague...
>
> What crashes, the entire box or just the Squid service?

The entire box crashes. I am able to ping the IP address of the box but I cant
ssh into the box. I need to manually power it off and on.

> What OS? What version of Squid? What Squid configuration,
> e.t.c.?

I have Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3 running on the server.
I also squid Version 2.5.STABLE9 installed.
The configuration is the default configuration with just a few additions like
the IP blocks allowed.

> I see the box is also running an X session from your top
> output. Necessary?
>

> Mark.

Yes it is running an X. Do you think it should be removed?

Kwarteng

--
Ghana Telecom Webmail Service (https://webmail.ghanatel.com.gh)